Thread: Music mashup...

Rudolph member

Music mashup...

Hello all again. I've been kinda idle here as of late, sorry about that.

Anyway, my wife and I were thinking about this year's show, and I know I'm already getting a late start for sequencing, but we were thinking of doing a music mashup. Not christmas songs either. We had the best reactions from the one non-christmas song that I did last year (you're welcome - moana sound track) and I'm trying to hone in on that and other songs that are a little more "dancy."

Anyway, can anyone or does do you know of anyone that can compile a music mashup of songs? like the accapellas and instrumentals woven into each other fairly seamlessly. I am (of course) willing to pay for this, but I'm having a lot of trouble doing it myself and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of time.

Thanks in advance guys.

Senior Elf member
    Depends on your definition of "mash-up"... for some it's combining two or more songs into one (same beat, same key, different songs on top of each other), for others a mash-up is a mix of different songs combined into one song.

I always end my show with genre mix. For example, in the past I've done Disney, 80's, 90's, oldies, etc... (here is my Disney mix from 2017 as an example of what I'm talking about )

If what I have is what you're looking for, I'm certainly willing to share my mix's with you.

You could also try contacting a DJ and see if they would be willing to take the job on. They would probably love to get the work and since they donít have to be on site or set up a stage Iím betting they would do it for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Elf member
    I do my own mashups, I combine 3 or 4 songs, or the best parts of the songs typically 15-20 seconds of each. It takes me about 3 hours to do (searching, downloading, trimming each song,inserting into final song), using Audacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Junior Elf member
    This was a popular song
    https://youtu.be/gltbYn_uSQE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our favorites have also been mashups.
    https://youtu.be/j5-w3C0FZfI

I've done it myself, but time is expensive. I have a nephew who is a DJ that I used once to make one, but I never got it sequenced. There are places you can contract out small gigs to freelancers for numerous projects and I bet this would fit nicely. I used FIVERR once for the artwork on our facebook page and I was pleased with the process. Good luck.

Just looked at FIVERR.com and searched for mashup and hundreds of entrepreneurs popped up. Remember, as with most things, you might get what you pay for.
    2012 23 channels; 2013 31 channels; 2014 added some pixels, gift boxes and a wire frame; 2015 949 RGB pixels; 2016 uh, oh well.;
    2017, now 2018 still trying...
    www.facebook.com/McCurtainChristmasLights

www.youtube.com/user/McCurtainVideos

Rudolph member
    Thanks all for your responses. I have actually contacted a friend that is a DJ and he said he would be willing to do it for a service trade, so yeah. I think it'll turn out pretty well.

I'm very seriously considering outsourcing my sequencing though. I'm running out of time with everything else I have to do this year.