Thread: "mini" leaping arches?

Senior Elf member

"mini" leaping arches?

Hi,
    has anyone a "mini" leaping arches design to share? I am contemplating the idea of lining up my walkway or side of the lawn with arches (replacing my mini trees), but instead of using "big" ones, I'd like them to be on the small side. This way, instead of having just a few big arches, I could get a lot of little ones, thinking it would allow some very nice effects.
    How small? I do not really know, but if using bullet pixels, I was thinking may 9 of them. 1 on top, 4 on each side. Would it be enough? would it look good? I don't know.
    For now, this is just an idea but I would not be surprised if someone has already done it. If so, I'll be curious to see what you came up with. Thanks!

Old Man Winter member TazChaLet's Avatar
    wow 9 pixels at 3" spacing is a small arch but guess it would work maybe 2' pvc arch

Junior Elf member
    I cut a hula hoop in half. Easily held up by rebar in ground and opening on tube. I didn't use pixels though. I had 4 sections of LEDs.

Senior Elf member
    I have been looking at building my own coro candy canes and I have not given the arches idea much more thoughts, but it is still in the back of my mind to accomplish this year. Since I have one arch made with PVC around my entry door, I could duplicate that concept for the mini arches, and the look would be consistent. I am open to other approaches though. I guess using a hula hoop would be somewhat similar to PVC.
    Thank you for the replies and sorry for not acknowledging them sooner.