Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vixen 3 not starting my show sometimes.

Junior Elf member
    Posted the error log. Well one section. I was playing around with it and the log i have open that shows the show running was the log i thought everyone ment. Found the log tonight so hopefully I can fix my issue. Thank you all

did you forget to attach the log?

Junior Elf member
    12/09/2018 19:19:42.076 [VixenModules.Output.GenericSerial.Module] An error occured writing to the serial port. System.IO.IOException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32 timeout)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at VixenModules.Output.GenericSerial.Module.UpdateSta te(Int32 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates) at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32 timeout)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at VixenModules.Output.GenericSerial.Module.UpdateSta te(Int32 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates)

Frosty member
    Remind us again about how many channels, speed of port, and sequence timing?

Junior Elf member
    Are you willing to try a test build? Many times that error is caused by a flaky driver or hardware device, but there is a underlying bug in the .Net serial port implementation that can masquerade as that error message. I can make a test build with a workaround for that bug if you want to try it and see if it helps. It would be based on the bug fix builds of 3.5u4.

Junior Elf member
    Yes i would be willing to try it. And im running 32 channels and its like 115000 idr the exact number right off the top of my head. And it ran Friday and Saturday perfect. Not one issue. And yesterday it started and ran untill around 7 then i noticed it lost contact and this was the error code that came up. There is about 7 or 8 of the almost same error. Just slightly different time. Just way too much to put on here I thought.

Junior Elf member
    Ok, this comes with all the usual disclaimers. Make sure you have a good backup of your profile in case you need to restore it. I don't foresee it having any problems as the changes are isolated to the serial output, but I don't have anything like your hardware setup to test it. Give it a test before your show starts to make sure things work and give yourself time to revert it if they don't.

This is the 64 bit version. Let me know if you are using the 32 bit for some reason and I can make a build for that if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ktqoml4q5...64bit.exe?dl=0

Junior Elf member
    Ill copy everything over to my laptop just incase. And ill try and do this tonight. If not ill get it done tomorrow. I appreciate the help. I had thought maybe a cable issue so i went and did the wiggle test on both ends and it kept running. So hopefully this build fixes my issue. Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123