Thread: The show must go on!

The show must go on!

Last year I was renovating the house and too exhausted to put the work into the show. After skipping it I kept running into neighbors and making new friends who told me how much they missed it.

This year I had procrastinated even deciding if I would put lights up.

Yesterday I found myself in the garage trying to kill a rat and thought what if ...

I dusted off the transmitters and threw a salvaged power supply in the show machine. Turned it on and put power to all the floods. To my surprise they also worked! 6 years they have been stapled to my eaves ( no enclosures )

I got so excited seeing it that today about 20% of my 2016 show is running again. Hopefully tomorrow Iíll be able to get the icicles and arches and have something for this year after all.

Hope everyoneís show and Christmas plans are going as well!!!

Greg,

Kudos to you and welcome back.

Old Man Winter member
    OH good its not just me i skiped the last 2 years as well and everything turn on and started working when i powered it up yesterday.
    "Jack of all trades, master of none,
    Certainly better than a master of one"

Projects:
    http://hackaday.io/project/1092-Rapt...ght-controller

Videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KingOfKY...ow=grid&view=0

Gotta love it when stuff works! Welcome back!
    The DIGWDF Store is closing at the end of December!
    While it's still open, please check us out at: http://digwdf.com/store

Frosty member
    Quote Originally Posted by komby View Post
    Last year I was renovating the house and too exhausted to put the work into the show. After skipping it I kept running into neighbors and making new friends who told me how much they missed it.

This year I had procrastinated even deciding if I would put lights up.

Yesterday I found myself in the garage trying to kill a rat and thought what if ...

I dusted off the transmitters and threw a salvaged power supply in the show machine. Turned it on and put power to all the floods. To my surprise they also worked! 6 years they have been stapled to my eaves ( no enclosures )

I got so excited seeing it that today about 20% of my 2016 show is running again. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to get the icicles and arches and have something for this year after all.

Hope everyone’s show and Christmas plans are going as well!!!
    When you get it all up and running let us know.. Lori and I will trek out there to watch!

Good to see you both Greg and Travis.

I want to know what's behind that door that you can't open with the shelf in the way. Please tell me that's not the breaker panel.

Frosty member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchuchla View Post

I want to know what's behind that door that you can't open with the shelf in the way. Please tell me that's not the breaker panel.
    LOL!

Welcome back, and good luck fighting the insanity, both of you.
    2012 23 channels; 2013 31 channels; 2014 added some pixels, gift boxes and a wire frame; 2015 949 RGB pixels; 2016 uh, oh well.;
    2017, now 2018 still trying...
    www.facebook.com/McCurtainChristmasLights

www.youtube.com/user/McCurtainVideos

Quote Originally Posted by Jchuchla View Post

OMG no itís not the breaker. Itís the water manifold for the house the main and hot water come in there and each branch (pex) has a shutoff valve in it. Itís a little plastic slide up and out panel that is still accessible kinda in an emergency sorta way.

Now that you pointed that out Iím sure the rat that I havenít managed to kill yet is chewing on some of those hoses as we speak.