Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6804 - Need Help! 3-year Troubleshooting Marathon

Senior Elf member
    Does the E6804 test sequence turn on the pixels?
    Ed
    Happily retired

Old Man Winter member OregonLights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    Does the E6804 test sequence turn on the pixels?
    Sometimes. If I reset the controller, the test pattern will run. But if I try to run a sequence it no longer recognizes the test pattern after it freezes up.

I just went and ran a sequence off the Pi. The stars were frozen with half the lights on again. I unplugged and replugged in the controller and it began to run beautifully! They looked awesome! But then, between effects, they both froze up and that was it. About 20 seconds of full functionality before it froze up again. That's why I feel like it's a "stack overflow" of some sort.
    Alex

An honorary DIGWDF Engineer. Please consider supporting this forum.

Senior Elf member
    I noticed on one of the photos that the test sequence cell was still populated. You weren't trying to run a sequence while that cell was other than zero were you? First, we need it run perfectly from the controller test sequence. Another thought...the stars aren't switched by any chance?
    Ed
    Happily retired

Old Man Winter member OregonLights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I noticed on one of the photos that the test sequence cell was still populated. You weren't trying to run a sequence while that cell was other than zero were you? First, we need it run perfectly from the controller test sequence. Another thought...the stars aren't switched by any chance?
    Good eye! I had the controller set to a test pattern and then I shut this off to run the sequence. I can run a test sequence but only off a fresh reboot. I can also run a sequence off a fresh rebooot. But after After running a sequence it freezes up and must be rebooted. I think I can run a test sequence indefinitely sometimes, but then after messing turning this off/on and different test patterns, it will freeze up and not respond to test sequences anymore.

Maybe there's something wrong with the controller...
    Alex

An honorary DIGWDF Engineer. Please consider supporting this forum.

Rudolph member
    Hi, knowing that there is data getting to both the E6804 and the pixels, all be it only until lock ups. I would run a couple of tests to check the power, the test modes don’t draw full power (full white) and might be happy with your cabling arrangements where as in your sequence you might have a section that demands more power which causes a volt drop and brownouts the pixels or Prop IC in the E6804. Anyway it will not hurt to do the test and eliminate something else.

The easiest test I can think of to start with is to power off the E6804 and disconnect both sets of pixels, power it up log into the screen and watch the packet count whilst a sequence or FPP test pattern is being sent. If the packet count increments and there are no lockups you know data is getting through. You’ll have to keep clicking refresh page to get the latest count, about every 10 seconds for the first minute and once a minute after that should be fine just make a note of the count each time you check it. Let us know the results.
    “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill

Senior Elf member
    Any progress yet?
    Ed
    Happily retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12