Thread: Looking for help with pricing for selling off items

Junior Elf member

Looking for help with pricing for selling off items

Sadly now, I am in the position that I have to sell my house and probably won't be doing a display anymore due to health issues and not really knowing what is going to happen in the coming future.I have around 160 blow molds now (some are even still in the original bags!). Most all of them are in good to excellent condition as I have always strived to take care of them.My biggest problem is "Where can I go look up some of these and see what they might be worth?". I don't want to give them away but I am also not going to try and charge an arm and a leg for them. I have a lot of the same type (ie, I have 25 of the TPI trumpet angels with 4 of each color), 16 of the drummer boy, and so on. I just want to be fair to buyers as well as to myself as the sale of my display is going to be my retirement at this point!Thanks for any help you can give or point me in the right direction. I won't be ready to sell any till later on in the spring as I am in the process of moving my things out of the house now and doing the sale of it first.After I get "moved" in the spring I will have a lot of DIY stuff for sale as well. I will post them when things slow down and I can find all the stuff and have it ready to sell. This is just my beginning of selling off a lot of Christmas oriented items.

Contact Carrie Sansing. She's a blow mold expert who lives in the Chicago area. Google her name and you'll find out lots more....

I'm sorry to hear of your accelerating health issues. Geez.... hang in there!!!
    The DIGWDF Store is closing at the end of December!
    While it's still open, please check us out at: http://digwdf.com/store

Rudolph member
    I love Blowmolds. I have at least 50 in my display. I have at least 30 more in the attic.
    I got most of mine at garage sales for 5-10 each, or after Christmas for 1/2 price.

Blowmolds are worth what people will pay for them. Usually on Ebay, the prices are way too high. The killer on blowmolds is the shipping.

I hope you can find someone local to you who will display them and not just sell them off on ebay for a profit.

If you were in the Chicago Area, I would pay you a visit for sure.

Good Luck,

Tim

Rudolph member
    Planet Christmas seems to have lots of blow mold collectors?

Junior Elf member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Contact Carrie Sansing. She's a blow mold expert who lives in the Chicago area. Google her name and you'll find out lots more....

I'm sorry to hear of your accelerating health issues. Geez.... hang in there!!!
    Ah Ha! Thanks. I couldn't remember her name from back when I was buying and repairing some blow molds and was on the LOR and Planet Christmas sites a lot then! She gave me a lot of good advice on them. I will give her a shout.
    Thanks for your concern as well. Things are getting tougher pretty quick it seems but I won't bother anyone with details on my issues. Just an older guy trying to keep going day to day and take care of the things we all have to deal with in our lives on this big ball.

Junior Elf member
    Quote Originally Posted by timbenson View Post
    I love Blowmolds. I have at least 50 in my display. I have at least 30 more in the attic.
    I got most of mine at garage sales for 5-10 each, or after Christmas for 1/2 price.

Blowmolds are worth what people will pay for them. Usually on Ebay, the prices are way too high. The killer on blowmolds is the shipping.

I hope you can find someone local to you who will display them and not just sell them off on ebay for a profit.

If you were in the Chicago Area, I would pay you a visit for sure.

Good Luck,

Tim
    Thanks Tim.
    I agree on the worth being a subjective point for sure. That makes them a bit tough for me to price as I bought quite a few for probably more than what I should have but at the time I wanted them for the display to make scenes! I bought some TPI trumpet angels that were new still in the bag with the trumpets but it gave me a nice "group" of 24 that consists of 4 of each color which looks really great in a display!
    I would like to sell a few of these in a set if I can find someone who would take care of them I think. They are such a unique thing to me that will probably never be made again.
    I have been hoping that I would be able to do a display of them again but it is looking like it will not be possible and no one wants to take care of them at all where I live. This is a very remote area in the middle of the Adirondack Park in upstate NY and it is over an hour and a half to any city of any size so that makes buying and selling tougher here.
    Of course, everyone wants me to donate them or give them away to people but I bought them with the intention of keeping them in as nice a condition as possible while still using them for display and to show people what they are as they get harder and harder to find. I have seen some tossed in the garbage just because people thought that they were taking up space! I think they are a "piece of history" to help preserve if I can.
    I have many parts for them that I bought to help keep them in top condition like the light holders for the small C7 bulbs as well as the standard size bulbs.
    I even have one of the Empire churches that still has all the windows along with the cross on the steeple! They tell me that it may be one of the very few that are around that still have all the original parts!

Hope you have a very Merry Holiday season.

Bill

Rudolph member
    >>>>I even have one of the Empire churches that still has all the windows along with the cross on the steeple! They tell me that it may be one of the very few that are around that still have all the original parts!

WOW ! I had one of those when I was a kid. What memories.
    It's last showing was in 1979, when the huge blizzard caused it to crack and collapse.

Tim

Senior Elf member
    Looking for a santa and reindeer for the roof. Let me know if you need help with the process
    2017 up to 128 channels and Halloween
    2016 my first year with 64 channels