Thread: P6 matrix panel ghosting with RPi 3 B V1.2, FPP 2.4 and Colorlight 5A-75B

Senior Elf member

P6 matrix panel ghosting with RPi 3 B V1.2, FPP 2.4 and Colorlight 5A-75B

I am struggling top find the right settings to change on the Colorlight card to eliminate or reduce the amount of ghosting I am seeing on my P6 panels. I played with the refresh rate in the Colorlight LED Vision software but it didn't have much effect. I have also been unsuccessful in finding any posts on this or other forums that address the issue with a clear solution for this configuration. Any help would be appreciated.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Rudolph member
    Try dropping the voltage to 4.8 or so. I had to do that for my P5s to eliminate ghosting.
    Daniel Kulp
    Framingham, MA

Chris Pinkham made this video showing the Falcon player driving that board, perhaps he might be able to shed some light on it. On the surface of it, I'd think ghosting could be caused by a poor Ethernet connection or cable, or possibly the external electromagnetic interference. It's just a hunch and I might be completely off base on the idea...

The DIGWDF Store is closing at the end of December!
    While it's still open, please check us out at: http://digwdf.com/store

Senior Elf member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    Try dropping the voltage to 4.8 or so. I had to do that for my P5s to eliminate ghosting.
    Seems a bit better but still there. Probably not noticeable from a distance.
    Ed
    Happily retired