Thread: Modified tree top

Frosty member

Modified tree top

A friend of mine had a tree topper for regular light strings but needed one for pixels.. so I modified his old one Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181031_082959.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	14289

Senior Elf member
    Cool! I wanna see it lit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty member
    Quote Originally Posted by thale182 View Post
    Cool! I wanna see it lit!

It actually doen't "light"..ha ha ha... but it hangs Boscoyo strips with pixels for a pixel mega tree.

The cool part is that I bought that flat bar with the holes already in it. They are spaced far enough so that using ever other one is perfect for the strips not to touch. I just rolled it to a circle and put it all together.

It is not at my house, so pictures may not happen.. It was for a couple of friends.

Senior Elf member
    I assumed the holes were for nodes and then strings hung from the hooks. Either way it looks like it will last forever!

Frosty member
    Quote Originally Posted by thale182 View Post
    I assumed the holes were for nodes and then strings hung from the hooks. Either way it looks like it will last forever!

Yeah, with all those holes that wasn't a bad assumption.. But alas, it is to go at the top of the poll for him to hang Boscoyo pixel strips from for his new pixel mega tree. Up until now he has just had 120vac LED strings for a tree. This modification gives him a stable way to hang the strips for any wide pixel tree. His intention is for 180 degree tree with 16 pixel strips. https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index....qidm3iu0mkc6g3
    Last edited by plasmadrive; 11-03-2018 at 08:16 AM.