Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what are these connectors called? what is the brand name (original ones)?

Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I agree that you can do it with pliers (carefully) but a regular crimper (one that folds over the metal) will distort the seal. Also I assume by three seals, you mean that each seal has three ribs to seal against the connector body.
    Exactly, so there is some redundancy built into the seal. When I crimp the seal to the wire, it is a multi-part bend, first, snug the sides to the seal, then bend over each top section to a mostly round shape.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Rudolph member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    ---- Check for the small numbers on each piece of connector to make sure you are wiring correctly. I always use "1" for V+, and the last hole for V- (2 or 3), and run data on the "2" line when needed.
    Hi, is this documented any ware? I have some 'T's to make up tonight with three and four pin connectors. To follow your example I’m thinking:

Power only (three pin connector); V+ pin 1 and Ground pin 3 (pin 2 unused).
    Power and single data (three pin connector); V+ pin 1, data in pin 2 and Ground pin 3.
    Power and data in and out (four pin connector); V+ pin 1, data in pin 2, data out pin 3 and Ground pin 4.

Also as with normal convention I assume that the female would be on the controller / power feed and the male on the pixels etc.

Senior Elf member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabybear View Post
    Hi, is this documented any ware? I have some 'T's to make up tonight with three and four pin connectors. To follow your example I’m thinking:

Power only (three pin connector); V+ pin 1 and Ground pin 3 (pin 2 unused).
    Power and single data (three pin connector); V+ pin 1, data in pin 2 and Ground pin 3.
    Power and data in and out (four pin connector); V+ pin 1, data in pin 2, data out pin 3 and Ground pin 4.

Also as with normal convention I assume that the female would be on the controller / power feed and the male on the pixels etc.
    There is no convention per se for which wires go in which connector position. It's whatever you decide the pinout configuration is and then stick with it. As far as male-female, your assumptions are correct but note this should be based on the terminal configuration not the connector body. The male terminals are in the female connector body and the female terminals are in the male connector body. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Rudolph member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    There is no convention per se for which wires go in which connector position. It's whatever you decide the pinout configuration is and then stick with it. As far as male-female, your assumptions are correct but note this should be based on the terminal configuration not the connector body. The male terminals are in the female connector body and the female terminals are in the male connector body. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Hi Ed, thanks yes it makes sense. I've made up thousands of these in my time mainly as wiring looms for a custom body manufacturer (trucks – bin wagons etc), however this was the first time I’ve ever used multicore cable as opposed to single strands in a conduit. There are some things worth noting to make life easier, is anyone interested in a ‘how to’ for the assembly of these?

There are some things worth noting to make life easier, is anyone interested in a ‘how to’ for the assembly of these?
    Why Not. There is alot of info scattered all over the place, why not put it in the Wiki? Can't have to much information, right.
    Rayhjr

I love this stuff!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234