Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nanostation Settings

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Ok, I was going to try it on this computer but I'm using it for the internet. So I'll wait for the show to stop on the other computer and set it's address.. But what do you mean concerning the routers address, are you referring to the Edge-x router?
    This is a fairly basic step you need to do whenever you configure new network equipment. It's a skill worth learning. You'll temporarily change the address of the computer you're using to be on the default subnet of the new device. Then you can access this new device and change it's settings to work on the actual network it's to be used with. Then after you hit save or apply, you'll lose connection to that device, because it's no longer in the same network you're in now. So you'll change your address once again on your computer back to the normal address (usually by using dhcp) and you're in business.

Senior Elf member
    I have changed to a static address. When I try to access the Nano Station by it's default IP address I get a Certificate Error and this site is not secure.

I hook up the Edge-x router and try to access it by it's default address and I get "Can't reach this page"

Senior Elf member
    Ok, I'm finally in now. now to set it up per the first post.

Yes, are you going to use it as your show router?

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Briar Creek Lights
    2017 My 2nd Year
    2016 150 Renard channels (and a few pixels,110)
    Honorary DIGWDF engineer

And if you are using WiFi for your internet, then changing the Ethernet will not affect anything.

Matt

Briar Creek Lights
    2017 My 2nd Year
    2016 150 Renard channels (and a few pixels,110)
    Honorary DIGWDF engineer

Senior Elf member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Yes, are you going to use it as your show router?

Yes, for the show.

After I changed Network parameters, I can't get back in.
    Since I changed the Gateway IP, do I have to attach the Edge-x router to the PC and setup it's parameter so that I can access the Nano Station via it's new IP address?

as I mentioned a few posts up, once you change the network parameters on the device so that it's no longer in the current network, then you need to adjust the network address of your PC again to be in the new network.

Senior Elf member
    Just to reply about what I have been doing. Been at it many hours since my last post. I think it's a lost cause at this point. I followed Daves diagrams. I've used Daves IP's, I used my IP's, I've had to reset it a more than dozen times, a wonder it isn't bricked. I try to program a ESP-01 with it just to see if it is communicating but it times out and fails. I can't get it to communicate. I know I'm illiterate about routers. I have a old model Linksys running my stuff by shear luck I suppose. I runs with hesitations though.
    Not having any luck with the Nano Station, and that leaves the Edge-x router I'm sure now I wouldn't be confident to it setup now either.
    I think I'll try to get a refund.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345